Wednesday, December 7

C.S. Lewis

I do not have to work today so I woke up and took time doing a devotion. I read a chapter in Mark (I am using the Quiet Time Companion) and then Cody and I went for a walk. He ate half the snow on the ground and the other half got matted into the fine hairs in between his toes. He was happy though and it was a beautiful morning to take a walk.
As you can see I have been a busy little bee here on my new blog. I has some unidentified issues with my last blog template so I switched to a new one and I found out how to add links - I went a little crazy but that is alright condidering I needed the practice to remember how to do it the next time that I need to. So, have fun exploring my links. If you yourself have a blg and would like to let me know, I will add it to my list!
I am working on finishing The Screw Tape Letters for Book Club. WHen I was done reading last night I looked at the back of the book and I found a funny thing:
"If wit and wisdom, style and scholarship are requisites to passage through the pearly gates, Mr. Lewis will be among the angels." - The New Yorker.
I laughed. Do you really think that Lewis would have permitted this theologically unsound and misleadig statment on the back of such a profound spiritual book? I read it to Paul and his response was "It's the New Yorker". And I see his point.

No comments: