Tuesday, February 21

Tuesday brain blizzard...

It has been a VERY snowy week and a half. Last Thursday when the rest of the state was getting rain, we were getting a blizzard. It was so bad that school was cancelled at 4pm that day for Friday. Our snow blower is broken right now and our garage door is also broken. Lift up a prayer for Paul as he is not happy about either situation. But I suppose if our snow blower is broken, it is a good thing that we can’t open the door, we won’t be able to get the car down the driveway anyway.

Warning: the following paragraph may cause some eye glazing over.
This past weekend I spend MANY hours with my mother in law working on some Genealogy things. I know that it is not all that interesting to some people but I think that the history of my family is so cool. I found the WW1 registration card for my great grandfather, the Civil War pension paperwork for my great great grandfather, found a possible relative that spent some time in the Kalamazoo Psychiatric hospital (we are still unsure about this) and through researching the US census database, we were able to string together the life stories of my ancestors. Most of my family (so far) immigrated to the US from either England or Holland. There is a French line that has been here a couple hundred years and there is one woman from Ireland. I called my Grandmother to talk to her about all of this and made her day. She is the cutest woman and it always feel so good to hear “it is so good to hear your voice” after she checks in with me and my health, the weather and my various forms of income.

Paul preached yesterday. He is feeling a little down about it thinking that the entire services, which was a youth service, was a little unorganized. Regardless, the Holy Spirit was present and people were blessed. I praise God for the ways that he is stretching Paul in this job. 2 years ago he would have laughed if you had said he would be preaching sermons, not only ever, but in his 20’s. I am a proud woman.

I am starting a Calligraphy class. The past three weeks I have felt the sadness of the fact that Paul works all day comes home and eats and then goes back to work at night. I found that I was at home alone with Cody a lot and wanted to get out and do something new and fun. Our neighbor down the street, Bill Fulmer, is teaching the class at the council for the arts down town. Bill is the cutest old man I have ever met and I am excited to take this time to get to know him better. It is two hours every Thursday night. I am a little confused as to what we are going to be doing for two hours a night for six weeks, but I will fill you in and possibly get some pictures up of what we are working on.

Paul and I are going away for the weekend. It is a very much needed time away together as he has been so busy that we have not had much time to be together. We are going to stay at a hotel in Mackinaw city for a couple nights. I am so excited, we both are, to go out to eat, maybe see a movie, see the straights all frozen over…etc. It will be a ghost town this time of year so I am kind of excited to see what it will be like. We may have every place to ourselves .We may even go to another church for Sunday morning (gasp) since we do not get the chance to ever do that.

As some of you know we have had a student living with us the past three weeks. He is going home this Thursday and is very excited about it. Thanks to all who are praying for him and his family finding housing. However this has presented a very interesting lesson…living with two boys in the house is SO draining. I have been craving girl time so much lately that I can barley think straight. Even our dog is a male! So, I have had a glimpse as to what it will be like if we have all boys…I am praying for at least one girl to help keep my sanity!

Paul has been having hard time accessing my blogspot blog, are there any other non blog spotters that are not able to see it? Let me know.

No comments: