Saturday, July 1

I love...lamp?

I love summer. I think I am still getting the remaining stress out of my system from school because I have been rather emotional and I have been crying easily for no reason, but I am really happy and relieved to have the next two months off from school. Today I was out in our front yard and I was pulling crab grass out of our mulch and it just hit me how much more i love summer in Gaylord and here is why...

Why I love Summer in Gaylord Random Facts:
  • This is where Paul and I would spend weekends in the summer when we were dating.
  • I love hanging my blankets and sheets out on our clothes line to dry.
  • I love watching our plants grow and bloom
  • I love playing with Cody in the back yard - or all around our yard since when he gets excited he runs laps around the house.
  • I love roasting marshmallows in our fire pit on our back patio.
  • I love grilling dinner with Paul.
  • I love walking to the farmers market early on Saturday mornings to buy fresh veggies
  • I love grilling fresh veggies
  • I love taking walks early in the morning as the sun is rising and watching as the sun BURSTS.
  • I love having the windows open so I can hear the birds at all times.
  • I love watching the curtians blow in the wind in the windows.
  • I love summer thunder storms.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh, I miss summer thunderstorms in Michigan...there's no thunder or lightning in SoCal ever...or at least it's rare. (of course everytime it happens people act like we're all going to die or something)

Anonymous said...

you're never coming back, are you? :(

Lisa Block said...

Only God knows Maren, we truly have no idea where life will take us in the next 5-10 years. We wouln't be upset if the Lord brought us back to Kalamazoo though. I do miss you a lot and would love to have my kids close to family/friends...right now all we have are parents, which are great and all...but they can't really take the palce of sisters or friends!