Thursday, July 6

Senior High Girls Camping Weekend

So now that our friends are gone, I am getting ready to take 5 graduate girls to TQ Falls and Pictured Rocks for the weekend. We are going to be studying 1Timothy Chapter 6 and talking about striving for excellence in this next phase of life that they are going to be a part of. I haven't really spent much time getting ready for this weekend yet but I am so excited and I pray that it will be a relaxing weekend with silliness and fun. I have never actually gone camping where I had to be the main person in charge. For instance, I have never started a camp fire. Yes I was a girl scout but Rochester Hills girl scouts don't really teach survival skills, we did art projects and took trips to amusement parks (like the retired Bablo Island in Detroit). Please pray that the weekend will be good, that there will be good discussions and that God will work in the hearts of these girls as they think about the person that they are going to become as they make choices in the next few months. Also pray that I will be a good listener and that mad fun will be had by all. End Transmission.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boblo Island!!!! I miss Boblo Island, that place was so fun, my sister & brother took me there when I was a kid and we went on that ride where you stand against the wall and it spins around so fast that when the floor drops you stick to the wall...so cool. Go Boblo.