Sunday, September 24

Cincinnati: Nov 16-20


The National Youth Workers convention is coming up. This year we are traveling to the far off land of Cincinnati Ohio. I am not sure that I have ever been to this city but i am pumped that we are going to be going there. Although this year, unlike the past two, we are going alone. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being alone with Paul and we travel really well together so we will have loads of fun...we are going to miss our friend and recently retired youth volunteer (he retired from our church thats all...he isn't that old) Jeff and his wife Mary. So - this will be the first time since our honeymoon that Paul and I have taken a trip and navigated a new place by ourselves. I always look forward to this week of refrshment since it is a fun get away and usually a well needed break from life. I can't wait to go! I learn so much and I am challenged in so many ways when at this convention. One is uauslly vision for our church and how I can be a better mate to my husband who does this job with joy no matter the difficulties that he comes up against. It is great. Every night or so we process all that we have learned and thought and share what our seminars are about and plan our evening fun activities. There is lots of processing together, thinking and goal setting. Good stuff.

No comments: