Of all the things that happened to me this past year - all the great things--singing this song at the National Youth Workers Convention in November was at the top of my list. This song has such power in its words for me. It reaches me in a spot that revives the part of my spirit that screams to be an activist against injustice - and spits in the face of my fears to act on what I know to be good and true. This is my anthem as a person, as a Christian and as a Social Worker.
Revolution by Starfield
- If I'm here all alone
- If I'm left behind
- If they spit in my face
- If they hate my kind
- I will rise above
- I will live for love
- I will answer to the call
- For the bond between
- For the depth unseen
- For my God forsake it all
- 'Cause I'm a fire
- I'm a flood
- I'm a revolution
- I am a war Already won
- I'm a revolution
- When the world is at war
- When the grace is gone
- When the hungry lay dead
- While the rich live on
- I will rise above
- I will live for love
- I will answer to the call
- For the bond between
- For a depth unseen
- For my God forsake it all
- (Here I stand) Open hands
- Waiting for You
- I won't back down
- I'll live to speak Your truth

No comments:
Post a Comment