Monday, February 5

Anger Part 2

With my internship I go into classrooms and do social skills lessons with the kids. I was in a Kindergarten class last week talking about anger and the appropriate coping skills for anger. We were at the beginning of the lesson where we demonstrate what to do if the class has a questions or if I ask a questions that I need answered. A little boy in the back shot his hand in the air (very proud that he was following the protocol) and I let him wait a minute as I was finishing a sentence that didn't require an answer - a few moments later I called on him...this is what happened:
  • "Yes?"
  • "...umm, you're pretty."
  • ".....Thanks.....great way to use your I care language (slight giggle)..."
  • A moment of silence as I try to remember what it is that I was supposed to talk about next.
  • (Small voice from the back of the classroom) "Her hair is shiny."
  • Completele loss of where I was in the lesson.

Kindergartners...they kill me.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Your kids are funny! And you are pretty :-)

Anonymous said...

That is such an amazing story!