Friday, February 16

February Facts


Thursday of this week was a big day in Lisa land. There wasn't any school - but I had to go to an in service (a.k.a motivational speaker) and then a training on blood born pathogens. I then had parent teacher conferences in the afternoon. There were a couple of students that I needed to touch base with - and even though I was nervous - they went as well as could have been expected. Paul and I then went and spent the rest of the day together in celebration of valentines day. I received these tulips (a big step for Paul as he is strictly a roses man) which are beautiful and are making me dream of spring. We then went out to eat at Applebees, walked around Kohl's (we wanted to go bowling or play pool somewhere, but we couldn't find an uncrowded/smoke free place to hang out) and then went and had coffee and cup cakes for dessert at a local coffee shop. At about 10pm we went and rented One Night with the King and some other movies - at 3am we finally went to sleep. I am exhausted - but sometimes you just have to stay up late when you are having fun. I think the highlight of my day was a video of pictures that Paul created on my laptop while I was at work. It is pictures of us of the past 9 years and put to the music of the song that was sung at our wedding. Good man.

Random Facts

  • I have a new appreciation for parents who go to parent teacher conferences - it must be hard to hear difficult things about your child. So note to all who present the information - make sure you have some good things to share also.
  • I am excited for spring - the gardens are calling to me....
  • Paul and I stopped in at our local jewelers on our wander around town yesterday. We looked at wedding rings as Paul has wanted to get me wedding ring that HE purchased someday (the one I have is a hand me down from my mother - special - but not our own) and I found some great deals. The sales people know Paul and were more then happy to let me try on anything I wanted....SO FUN!
  • I am working on a small production with a group of boys that I work with. I am sad that I can't share any pictures of what I do or specifics - I especially want to show this video that we are making because it is so fantastic. But confidentiality rules out and I will just have to live with the fact that I have a group of boys who are fabulous, excited and working hard on a great project!
  • I am planting seeds with a group of girls that I am working with and tending them in our office at school until June when they can take them home. It all fits in with responsibility and the virtues that go along with it - we are reading a book called: Empty Pot by Demi Demi I am so looking forward to working with growing things (green things with chlorophyll) again.

No comments: