Monday nights are Paul and Lisa night. It is one of two nights of the work week that Paul does not have regularly scheduled activities for work. So we guard it closly and consider it our "date" night. We often do not actually go out on a date, but we do not schedule anything that night accept time with each other. Sometimes we rent a movie, play board games etc. This has been one of the most significant things that Paul and I have established since we moved to Gaylord. Instead of getting time whenever we can - you know those moments..you are going, going, going and then one evening you look at each other and say "you mean we get to be home tonight? Together? Alone?" - we have this time scheduled into our week. At times it is a breath of fresh air, it is a time to connect, talk and just plain be together without distraction. We try not to watch TV (unless it is a movie) play video games or use the computer (tonight is an acception) and focus on each other. It is a blessing. I recomend it to those who do not have this built into your marriage. We also have "meetings". A couple at the National Youth Workers convention recomended this. It is a list of topics to make sure we discuss. The things on our list are Joys for the week, struggles for the week, hopes/wishes, health goals, romance, devotional time, finances, statments of encouragment for each other (something you noticed that week about your spouse) and our current book that we are reading. It has been such an awesome conversation starter. We actually have this list written down and bring it with us where ever we go and have been using it for over a year. We have adapted it to our needs for our relationship and really works. Its great because I know that we are going to be talking about these things every monday which allows me time to think about what I need to talk about or say when issues come up and I know that these things will be talked about in a non-stressful moment.
I have not recieved one Christmas card yet. I have a whole stack here on my desk ready to be sent. Do people not send them anymore? Now, know that I am not writing this as a hint to have one sent to me..that is not what I am doing. I really am slightly sad that I have not recieved a single one. Two weeks till Christmas and we are not on anyones list? I guess we are not as popular as we once where! Being exiled to the Tundra has given a blow to our social life I knew that but come on...aren't Christmas cards a way for people to reach out a brotherly (or sisterly) hand to those you have become estranged with? Oh, well. I am still sending mine and they are going to be fabulous and I hope that they are a branch of friendship being stretched out to those that we do not see that often. (I am being dramatic, ignore me)
I think I have figured out the link mystery. Please let me know if you are not able to use my links.
Monday, December 12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I sent my christmas cards today so you should get one soon! I have not gotten a single one either. I continually look in my mail box but all there is is bills:(
I KNOW! I am doing the same thing. I sent mine today too so you will be getting one as well. I knew I could count on you Derge!
We haven't gotten many Christmas cards this year, either. I think that has a little to do with moving four times since May. But also, I haven't sent any, and may not get to it this year. Makes me sad, but I guess it will be motivation to send out Christmas cards early next year. With family pictures, even!
Post a Comment