We made it. We were driving through Rochester as we were traveling to my Dad and Stepmoms condo and I had some slight nestalgia. I was driving down streets that I drove down as a teen, going to friends houses, band practice and the library to work on my algebra homework without interruptions. We had dinner with my family and then around 8pm I drove the drive to Jessicas house. This was something that made me smile as I have done this drive I do not know how many times but I have not had the opportunity to do this in such a long time. I drove through her neighborhood, pulled up in front of her house and when I went inside I felt as if things didn't change. There was a comfort in this. So many things in life have changed but this dear friend of mine and going to her home to spend time with her and her family, it had not changed. We decided to have tea and sit at her kitchen table well 7 hours later (you do the math) I looked at the clock and decided that I should go. I have to say that when I left I was so filled up. Filled with deep, genuine and true friendship bonding and discussion, knowing that the Lord blessed our discussion and time. I was filled with the satisfaction in having some real time with a friend. I invested in her and she invested in me and we didn't have the limitations of time or the distractions of a resturant, business, etc. I do not get that...at all. So this was WELL over due. I came home, knowing that I was going to pay for only getting a few hours sleep but it was so worth it. There was also somethign thrilling about being out with a close friend and driving home after such a delightful evening in the wee hours of the morning. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, go to bars etc..I am not a typical night life scene person. But this was thrilling. I do not have people in Gaylord that I can stay up until 3am and talk and fell as though the time were not enough. Believe it or not even now I can think of things I wanted to share that I didn't get to. But I am so happy that I got this time. As I am writing I am saying to myself "wow, Lisa, your love language is definatly quality time" this is obvious in moments like these. I do not know if Men experience the same kind of realtionsihps with each other as I know that I do with my female friends. There is a bond a connection that I feel with my close girl friends that I do not get anywhere else. And to have that part of me reaffirmed, fed and built up gives me a slight emotional high. Oh Jess...why can't you live in Gaylord...we ARE getting Meijer!
So before I went to Jessicas last night I stopped in at the Whole Foods Market. This place is GREAT. I am going to start praying that the Lord will bring one to Gaylord. It is all health food and it is the size of a regular super market. Sigh. It was wonderful. Jo Jos is endearing and all but it is so limited in what it provides. A real store is something I long for.
We opened gifts this morning with my family and I got this great crock pot cook book. I am going to be using my crock pot so much this winter. It not only has healthy recipies, but it gives you broken down shopping lists as well! So neat. Paul got a new racket ball racket so he will be able to swing it with the best of them on Tuesdays when he plays with the guys from church. It was a good time. Yeah for family.
Turkey and dinner to come. I will again be full of potatoes.
Saturday, December 17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment