Sunday, April 9

BFF

Friday night Karen and Jay Piggott stayed the night at our house as they were passing through town to go to Boyne which is about 25-30 min away from us. We were so excited to have this random stop in as it isn't like people "pass through town" up here, well unless you actually live here. We stayed up late laughing and talking and then woke up late to have a big breakfast and see them off on their way. We hope to get back together with them tomorrow night for a double date. This is so exciting. We have never, ever, double dated with another young couple since we have lived here. Never, ever. It makes me so excited. Karen and Jay. are you sure that you don't want to look into moving here?

I was telling my friend who is always a sympathetic ear about the Piggott's visit and she got really excited for me and said "it's like normal life'! I laughed. You see, she too is from the metro Detroit area and moved here when she got married, leaving friends and career for her husband and starting a family. Although we are both happy and know that we are where God wants us to be, it is such a comfort to have someone else here who thinks it is weird when the local librarian who is checking out your books makes comments on your check-out history to you like, “Oh, I see you have checked out a lot of Jane Austen’s stuff, do you really like her?”. With my friend, I can have a good laugh over this and I am affirmed in my creeped out feeling about this kind of behavior. Apparently this happens often, she told me the phone guys told her the other day when she called them that they “heard her on the phone the other day” when they were out working on the phone lines in her neighborhood. I am sure that phone people hear things like this all the time, but come on…There is no such thing as complete anonymity here in Northern Michigan.

Random Facts:
  • We are in fact getting a new TV – praise the Lord, he knew how much Paul wanted it and due to making wise decisions to pay for other things instead, God blessed us with a FREE TV!
  • The Easter Fair was today at our church. This is always such a cute event as kids of all ages come out and decorate cookies, participate in a coloring contest, hunt for eggs and enjoy an Easter Message given by Paul. I think that my favorite parts were when Paul was giving the kids the “sportsmanship” talk before going and hunting for eggs and he was talking about things like sharing, helping and being kind. A little voice pops up and reminds Paul that Hitting, Kicking and biting should also be avoided at this time. An older student asked if they could help the really little ones find eggs when they were done, and Paul responded with “yes, you can help the younger kids when you are done.” And a little boy of about 3 said “like me?” Cuteness.
  • It is Sunny and 50.
  • I still haven’t gotten our federal tax return and I am convinced that they are being stingy and don’t want to fork over the money!
  • Whoever thought up the game of eating donuts off a string while they hang from the celing was a mastermind.
  • I found a sweater on sale that is now my "you want to offer me a job that I am going to most likly refuse" sweater.
  • Dad and Debbie didn't end up selling their condo and it is still for sale.
  • I am reading Jane Eyre right now and I forgot how much I love this book!

No comments: