Saturday, June 3

I love technology..

I am in love with a computer. Paul and I went into "Alpine Computer" (please keep the chuckles to a minimum) so I could see how much notebooks are nowadays. You see, I can't do much work at home without distraction, our library here is small, cramped and loud, and I can't hog the church's laptop from Paul (the other church laptop hog) for much longer so I can work in places and at times that I can actually concentrate on my papers. So in we walk to our local and friendly computer dealer and I am looking at all the dells and over in the corner is a magnificent machine that I have never seen before - the imac 17 inch:1.83GHz Intel Core Duo. I have never come into contact (in real life) with a computer that is so wonderful. The kicker is, that it costs the same amount as my desk top now....and gives so much more. Well, I know what my next desk top will be. I couldn't get over the thing....I still can't. So as I sit here, feeling like poop because my throat hurts, I am dreaming about a new computer. I barely even looked at the laptops, although that is what I "need". Check it out and if you get a chance, go try one. You will NEVER go back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once Andy & I get a new place next year and we're both working I'm going to get a laptop to keep out for me, and he'll take our crazy amped up computer and put it in the office...I already am thinking I'll go mac...I feel like such a traitor.

Lisa Block said...

Oh - Kate - you will be thrilled with it. They really do blow the competition away! As it was described to us as the "Cadillacs of computers!"

Tricia said...

We are now practically a MAC only household (unless you count Nate's large PC he built himself during college, which is much more like a storage system for us than a working computer). I never thought I'd like MACs, but once I got used to the differences, I don't think I'd want to go back. We really like our IMac.