- Today is Amy's graduation party/Pauls Dads retirement party.
- We leave for California at 4am on Tuesday morning.
- It has finally died down to a managable temperature here in Gaylord.
- Due to things coming up in life, I have not been able to get 50% of what I need to get done this week.
- We are donating our monitor to our old computer to the Christian school here in Gaylord.
- I love checking out library books.
- Every summer I read the Anne books. They are a tremendous source of comfort to me and this time around, I have been noticing ways in which they have shaped me as a person as well. I have never had that kind of insight before.
- I love the book swap - it is a used book store where I take my old books and get store credit. Right now I am working on getting some classics in exchange for books that aren't so great that I have read already. I also like the feeling of minimizing what I have.
- I got a new pair of work pants and a BEAUTIFUL skirt. When I got home I went through my closet and quickly realized that it isn't pants and skirts that I need, it is tops and shoes. So...more shopping for me. Darn.
- With this gift that I recieved, I can now get my North Face Denali Jacket.
- Autumn is by far my favorite time of year.
- I prefere being cold to being hot.
- Gaylord is one of the highest (elevation wise) places in Gaylord. This week I have had opportunity to drive around some farm country just outside town (thats all there is outside town) and have seen more rolling hills than I have ever seen. The vistas are incredible!
- We are getting a Starbucks here in town. Although starbucks is not a cooperation that has Fair Trade Coffee, and I will therefore be limiting my access to that particular coffee shop, I am happy that this town is seen as worthy of such development and makes a girl excited for the future.
- If you are interested in finding places that ARE Fair Trade Coffee and food, click here.
Saturday, August 5
Random Facts:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I want credit for reminding you about the fleece jacket:)
Let it be known that Andrea gets fleece jacket points.
Cool about the Starbucks :)
I like Starbucks but I was ultra annoyed that on our wedding day I heard complaints from one of Jason's friends that they couldn't find a Starbucks in the morning and had to drive all over for it. They were late to the church b/c of it and the photog was waiting. What annoys me most is that K-town has more non-corp coffeehouses than chain stores like starbucks, and there were like a dozen places they could have gone, but it HAD to be Starbucks for them, then they ripped on my hometown ON MY WEDDING DAY. Not happy. :(
That being said, we get a lot of free coffee from them because of our friend Josh who works there.
I would be slightly offended as well! Especially since Kalamazoo is the home town of Water Street!
Post a Comment