Thursday, October 19

BE WILLING TO say “Yes, Lord,” and follow GOD’S LEADING in faith.

This week, since I have been working almost 40 hours, a first for me since we moved here, I have been processing the changes that a work schedule, like this one, makes in my life. I wake up before Paul and get home to him being gone to work, we have about two hours together at most before we have to go to sleep again so that I have the energy to wake up and do it all over again. It has been frustrating. Frustrating because I am not getting house work done and I am not getting to spend time with my best friend! All I am accomplishing is some school work, and work.

With this in mind I have been wondering if this kind of life style really is for me. I put it in the context of having children and the entire idea of working like this and having a husband and children overwhelms me. I like being with my family. I like having a lot of time with Paul. I know that our marriage could handle the transition, but I am not sure that I want to live this way. It is at times like this that I get overwhelmed and discouraged at the knowledge that the job market isn’t all that great for my age range and profession up here – will I ever find a job that I love that would allow me to work part time? I love to work. I love the challenge and the environment of professionals surrounding me. But it doesn’t compare to home life. Home life/marriage is first on my priority list.

I was searching for an on line devotional while here at work, since I need the time with God while my nerves are slightly frazzled here at work. And I found this statement:
Like Moses, God often calls you and me to stand up in the midst of difficult situations and say, “Yes, Lord!” It may not always be easy, but I challenge you to follow God regardless. Who knows? A wise choice you make today could change the rest of your life! BE WILLING TO say “Yes, Lord,” and follow GOD’S LEADING in faith.
I thought to myself maybe that is all this is. A time where I just need to follow in faith and trust that God is going to give me what is right. I am just so worried that it isn’t going to work out the way that my heart desires.

1 comment:

Paul said...

I love you...we'll figure it out together with God's help