Tuesday, December 19

Lisa Block Christmas

Thanks to Kate Kelts for starting this...

  1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Spiced Cider
  2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them.
  3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like white - but I love the old big lights that are colored - I grew up with those and they make me think of my childhood.
  4. Do you hang mistletoe? Paul hangs pretend Misteltoe...as if he needs an excuse..
  5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving.
  6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Cranberry Sherbert - my Gram used to make it and I havn't had it since she died. Sorry - I can't exclude dessert...its all that counts at Christmas.
  7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Sitting with my Dad in the green wing back chair in our family room looking at our real tree at night with the lights on.
  8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember - I never whole heartedly believed in Santa anyway, I was a skeptical child who only half believed.
  9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope.
  10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Traditional - I am all about old fashioned, classy decorations.
  11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it.
  12. Can you ice skate? Sort of...
  13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My first cabbage patch kid - the Christmas before my parents got divorced (my Dad and I signed the adoption papers together).
  14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating the first coming of Christ and being surrounded by people I love.
  15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? See #6.
  16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Traditions have changed a lot in my life due to so many changes taking place every ten years. I think that the best one that has lasted the longest was stockings. I LOVE opening stockings. That was the one thing my brother and I were always allowed to open before my parents got out of bed.
  17. What tops your tree? a star.
  18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving when it’s that perfect gift you just KNOW they’ll love
  19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I can't pick just one.
  20. Candy Canes: Yes please.
  21. Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reighndeer and Charlie Brown Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummmm, spiced cider, good one Lisa! Even better when served hot from a real apple farm with a cake doughnut.