Friday, January 19

Dizzy

Wednesday at school, I was in my 12:00 group and all of the sudden I got VERY dizzy - not a light headed dizzy that just sort of makes you feel a luittle funny but a hard, if I stand up I will fall, can't leave my eyes open or I will puke kind of a dizzy. It happened three times, each in my afternoon groups at school. So - I called Paul to pick me up from school (we are currently on one car) and take me to the walk in clinic - and after chatting with a very nice elderly doctor- I have been told that I have an innere ear infection. I have had so many problems with my ears my whole life that at times I cry that God will just heal me and end these stupid battles. So, this morning I read up on inner ear infections and scared myself to death (dizziness is the step before a ruptured ear drum because of the pressure that is building up in there) and I am praying that I will be healed. It is so strange to be sick when you don't necesarily feel sick. I am sort of at a loss of what to do. Do I sit around and sleep? Carry on like nothing is wrong? I don't know. I was half expecting to get the flu - with working around so many germy kids all the time - I don't even know how I got this stupid infection. I hate illness.

On a happier note. Jessice is coming to visit this weekend! It is always so nice to spend time with friends this time of year:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did he give you antibiotics? I'm assuming yes, so make sure to take those. Also, a ruptured ear drum isn't always terrible, or even painful, but if this happens too often you end up with hearing loss in the long run. (The ear drum heals itself after the rupture, it's just such a terrible word it sounds like your ear is going to explode) I will pray for healing for you!

serina said...

I was going to say the same thing--a rupture isn't necessarily bad. You'll probably feel better afterward, if it happens.

Sounds unhappy. Hope you feel better soon!