Paul and I have been verbally planning the garden these past few days. Here it is, finally uncovered by snow and looking rather sad. We are also planning on building an additional garden bed that will be 4 inches taller then this one and will house onions, potatoes and carrots. We have this large tractor tire in our back yard that we can't get rid of either and I am trying to find info on weather or not it is safe to plant things in tires -if not how can you make it safe - we were hoping to make it our controlled strawberry patch or our controlled pumpkin patch - but I am afraid of toxins from the tire getting into the crop. Anyone know anything?
So far this is what Paul and I are looking at planting this spring:
- Peas - Sugar Snap
- Green beans
- Tomatoes
- Green pepper
- Carrots
- Potatoes (we don't know what kind - possibly red skin)
- Onions - yellow and sweet
- Paul wants to try Corn this year
- I want to try Pumpkins (fresh pumpkin pie)
- We also eat a lot of salad making lettuce a logical experiment this spring as well

2 comments:
sounds yummy!!
If you eat food grown out of a tractor tire, you will suddenly find yourself scratching your belly while you cheer at a monster truck rally.
Post a Comment