Wednesday, March 28

Audio Books

I am a BIG fan of audio books. One reason I am contemplating an I-pod is the easy connection to to other sound media for the use of audio material other than music, i/e bedside radio, car radio, boom box type player, etc. I love to listen to books and other pod casts (Nancy Lee Demoss being a big favorite of mine) and I hate having the limitation of having a CD player in one palce and not another, moving around CD's etc. So, I am on the hunt for a good audio book web site and possibly an 8GB I-Pod nano (up to 2,000 files). I am having a hard time with the idea of getting an I-pod due to the fact that I am emotionally attached to my MP3 player that I have now - the RCA Lyra. I have an e-mail into a worthy candidate to use my Lyra - I may not make the switch if I can't find a suitable home for the thing. I really do love it.

Anyway, does anyone know of any good audio book download sites?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know of any sites, but I will be interested to know if you find any. I started listening to audio books last fall and I enjoy my work commute so much more!

If you have any audio books that you thought were good I would like to hear which ones. I've been using the library so there are some books I tried on a whim because of what was available and they were not good - either not a good book or too hard to follow as an audio book while driving :)