Friday, March 16
Good Morning Mrs. Block
This morning I got to school early (to make up for not setting my alarm yesterday morning and running around like a chicken with my head cut off). When I arrive at school I go into the social work office, put my stuff down and then take my LARGE coffee mug to go and fill with Coffee or tea and check the mail, etc. As I was coming back to the social work office with my coffee mug, I was greeted by a student who usually visits me in the morning. He followed me in and watched me as I sat down with my coffee and pulled out my LUNA bar for breakfast. The little boy quietly looked at my breakfast and asked me "what kind of candy bar is that?" To which I explained that a LUNA bar is not a candy bar but a bar that has all kinds of nutrients in it. Quietly he thought about what I had told him and he asked me, " why don't you get breakfast from down there?" (to which he pointed to the cafateria where many kids get a breakfast in the morning before class). At that point I am thinking "Yeah, french toast sticks? That is just like eating a candy bar." But I answered: "Because I bring my breakfast and Lunch to school." Another long pause. "Mrs. Block, I think that you should bring something more healthy for breakfast, you need to eat something more then that." In proper scolded fashion I asked if my chicken noodle soup and crackers that I am eating for lunch is healthy enough to wich he said "Yes."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment