

I received my gown, hood and cap in the mail last week. As I opened the package, I was expecting the traditional graduation gown that looks like a judges robes I was wrong! First, there are these extension's of fabric that come from the sleeves that I have no idea what they are for, you can kind of see them on the manikin in the picture on the right. - I will be leaving my arms at my side the entire ceremony just so I don't look like I am trying to flap my wings and take flight. Second, the "hood" is not a hood. It is this circle of fabric that lays funny. My hood is a golden color on the outside and on the inside is the MSU trademark kelly green and bright white - it isn't the most attractive color combination. The comfort that I have is that everyone else there will be dressed like I am so I won't stick out. At least the cap is the same old cap that I have been used to since I graduated from high school.

2 comments:
Graduation robes are so hot. I was really confused about the strange sleeve-flaps on my robe too. I'm happy to have paid so much money for a flimsy piece of fabric I wore for about 4 hours two years ago. It's been hangng in my closet ever since.
I think you could totally wear this for a night out!
Post a Comment