Tuesday, April 3
Seed Stitch
I am working on a knitting project that calls for a Seed Stitch. It is a basic, knit one, purl one all the way across alternating. I have made three attempts and all three times I have a ugly mass of nothing. I can't figure out what it is that I am doing wrong! I know how to do both stitches as evidenced by my perfect stockingette stitch. It shouldn't be this difficult. I am eventually felting the pieces that I am knitting and I am hoping that with a change in stitch, it won't hurt the final product to much - we shall see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love the look of seed stitch, but I haaaaate doing it. Switching each stitch takes me forever, and it's sooo easy to mess up. Once you get going, you can usually tell exactly where you need to purl v. knit, so you don't have to keep track.
What type/color of yarn are you using? What size needles? Some yarns are easier to see patterns in than others, as I'm sure you know.
I am using a dark blue green color (wool of corse since I am felting) and I am using a 10.5 size needle. I think I am just going to use my stockingette stitch for the whole project - not a great time to learn something new - I need practice first!
Post a Comment