I have gotten some disappointed e-mails/comments from my readers who say that when they open my blog and see ultrasound pictures they immediately think that I am pregnant, and then upon further reading find that I am not. My response is this: I am sorry to disappoint, and from now on I will try to be very clear as to who is pregnant and or being featured in the pregnant/sonogram posts. I also need to remind you that the majority of you who read this, at least to my knowledge, are close friends and family. You would receive a phone call, personal e-mail/announcement of some kind if I found out that I was pregnant. If one of my siblings was pregnant I would not post it here until permission was obtained for the same reason that those who read this would want to hear it from the pregnant individual before reading it on my blog. I would love to be able to say that I am pregnant, but I am not. And unless God has other plans it will be a while until I am. Hang in there friends, the time WILL come someday.
We watched the Super Bowl on Sunday. I think that it was the first televised football game that I have ever watched from beginning to end, including the commercials. I tend to get REALLY mentally under stimulated when watching TV and often can not watch sports unless I am there in person. I was glad that Pittsburgh won and as Paul and I watched the game we were imagining how fun it would be to be in down town Pittsburgh in a little pub eating home made chips and eating a fat French dip while watching the game. We had a snow storm during the super bowl so we were cozied up together and I have to say that I really did enjoy myself. It helped that we had a super bowl quiz that we took before the game started and the entire game we were watching for the answers to the game. I ended up winning our own “super Bowl” (a bowl with a super man cape taped to the rim and filled with candy).
I am doing Garden planning already as it is time to order vegetable seeds for our vegetable garden this spring. I have been doing so much reading and looking through catalogs and drawing maps of our yard that I can barely think straight when I sit down to work on it. We only have a 12 by 4 plot to plant but you would think I was planning acres of land with how intense I have been. I have thought about Paul’s grandpa a lot during this whole process wishing that he were here to give advice on planting. I can’t wait to get working on what we do have planned though; it is going to be pretty great.
SO MUCH SNOW! We have almost 2 feet in our back yard and we have acquired over half of that in about 24 hours time. It is finally a real winter here in Gaylord. Whoohoo! I am finally going to get a chance to really try skiing.
Paul is sick again. He is coughing and sneezing and blowing his nose every minute. I can’t figure this out! He never gets sick and here he is – sick as a dog for all but one week of the past month and a half.
Tuesday, February 7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Let me assure you, being in Pittsburgh during this Super Bowl was an experience to be remembered. If you were here in a pub, you'd have been high with communal excitement, and likely drunk. But enjoying every minute. ;o) This was the first year I watched the Super Bowl straight through, as well. I was afraid of what would happen if I didn't.
Garden planning: how fun! I've been doing the same. Have you read Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew? Check it out on Amazon--your local library probably has it, as well. It's a great way to maximize small spaces, cut down on garden maintenance, and make things simple for your first year gardening there. I'm going to try it, but since we'll be at Cedar for three weeks in May (during which I hope we'll see you), I can't very well start seedlings, inside or out, because they will die in May. Bummer. I'll just start my garden late and we'll enjoy whatever grows. We've only got about three inches to garden with, anyways. And about 27.3 minutes of sunlight on those three inches every day...
If you need someone to chatter about gardening with, do give me a call. I love gardening!
Oh, a few more references I thought I'd share with you:
Seeds of Change - organic seed catalog
Square Foot Gardening - has updated information on the method since the book was published over twenty years ago.
That is all.
Post a Comment