Wednesday, February 21

Random Facts:

  • I am now going solo at my internship.
  • We had such a beautiful day yesterday - sunshine and everything.
  • I have been spending some great time with God lately. With Lent coming up quickly, I have been doing a study for the occasion. This week it is about the word Scorn. I read the passage in Matthew that describes Jesus being scorned on the cross - So far the study has been enlightening.
  • Oswald Chambers never, ever, ever stops challenging me in my life.
  • I am reading Tramp for the Lord by Corrie Ten Boom - this book moves me.
  • What do YOU think the title: The Catcher in the Rye means (just finnished reading it for book club)? I have my own theory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the title is symbolic of symbols from a time when symbols were interpretted and appreciated for their symbolism. You'd have to be deep (or fake) to get it.

Lisa Block said...

Lent did start yesterday...I guess I just associate Lent as starting with our Prayer Vigil Church Service - weird, huh?

Lisa Block said...

Maren: What?